I was tagged by Jenny over at J’s Thoughts and Musings to come up with 10 interesting facts about myself, shocking or surprising facts preferred. Since I am now in a holding pattern, waiting for A to come home, let’s see how fast I can type. I guarandamntee it won’t be done before he gets here, but I can sure try.
- I am a slave to my to-do list. Seriously. It started in middle school, when we had to get planners to keep track of our classes and homework and I haven’t stopped. I started the day with 45 items on my to-do list and I’m now somewhere in the teens. Several I’ve passed on to tomorrow. God help me if my PDA crashes, because I can’t back it up.
- I do not know how to drive a stick shift and I have no desire to learn. I live in the land of hills and mountains, people! Give me an automatic and I’m happy.
- I was this height in 8th grade (5’11”). It was not fun. Jeans shopping is, literally, a pain in the ass.
- I love thunderstorms. My husband does not. That might be because his house blew away in a tornado when he was twelve. He and his family were in the basement at the time.
- I have auditioned for the Army Fife and Drum Corps and the Marine Corps. I decided to get married instead.
- I IM’d before IM was cool. Or even existed. In high school a friend and I somehow (and I don’t remember how) worked Prodigy (anyone remember that?) so he and I could talk to one another on the computer. Now my mom and I have video calls.
- If the internet had existed as it does today when I was in high school and college I would have accomplished absolutely nothing. LOL
- I really wish I had had a competent guidance counselor in high school. While I don’t regret the path my life has taken (’cause it got me a wonderful husband and a couple of incredible sons), I often (and I truly mean often) wonder what other career path I could have chosen.
- I used to be completely fluent in Spanish. If I had known I’d be living in Colorado, I wouldn’t have lost the fluency.
- I’ve lived in Colorado for 10 years and I’ve never gone skiing.
Ok, A is now home and things beckon. Things like dinner, and homework, and the joys of laundry. You, you, you, annnnndddd…you over there in the corner, TAG!