|Thirteen Things that I’d love to do that are so audacious that I can’t believe I’m putting them in print
1. Adopt a little girl from India, Korea, or China. I’ll know Tom has read today’s post when I hear the maniacal laughter from upstairs. He never reads this, so I think I’m safe.
2. Build another house. See Tom’s reaction above.
3. Drive out to DIA, slap down my credit card, and take the first flight anywhere and have a long weekend all to myself, exploring where I ended up. With my luck, it’d be west BFE.
4. Write a children’s book. That’ll have to wait until the kids are in school; my creativity is usually tapped by 7:30 in the morning.
5. Live in London or Dublin. Wait, that’s my retirement plan (no joke, we’re seriously planning for this), so this will actually happen.
6. Go to a flute masterclass. This is a week-long class of music performance and practice. I know exactly who I’d go play for, and as good of a friend as he is, I still can’t bring myself to play for him right now. I pretty much suck these days.
7. Give up coffee. Braaahahahahahahaha!!!!! Ain’t gonna happen unless it turns out that’s what I’m allergic to and why I’m still waking up with sinus pain after all the medicinal crap I’ve taken lately.
8. Sing Karaoke sober. Come to think of it, I haven’t sung Karaoke drunk either.
9. Have the balls to tell people (who really have it coming) to go to hell. I’m much too polite and tend to keep my comments to myself, regardless of how badly I want to tell someone off.
10. Breast enhancement. Really, no woman above the age of 13 should ever go trying on “barely A” bras. That just ain’t right.
11. Start a new career in:__________________. I’m open to any suggestions. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Hell, I didn’t know what I wanted to be when I grew up when I was growing up. There’s something out there for me, I’m sure of it.
12. Go to a psychic or astrologer, just for giggles. Oh, and to search out an answer to #11.
13. Have a completely worry-free day. But I have children, so that will never happen again as long as I live. And I think I’m ok with that. The boys are worth that sacrifice.
Hey, I’m stunned that I actually came up with 13!!! I didn’t know I wanted to do that much until I started writing. Some will happen, some will never come true, but it’s good to get them in print. I’ll post Tom’s reaction to numbers one and two if he ever reads this. ; )
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!