|Thirteen Reasons why it’s Never a Dull Moment around here…
1. A woke me up this morning to tell me his favorite cereal spoon was broken. HUH? Turns out he put a metal and plastic spoon into the microwave for a full minute. The spoon melted. The microwave, miraculously, still works. It was 6:30 in the morning.
2. J knows how to turn doorknobs. J knows how to turn doorknobs with the childproofing on them. He now can get into the pantry and open the door to the basement. A figured it out too, but he was over 3 at the time; J is not even 20 months.
4. I have 13 stamp sets to cut out for myself and 2 for friends. My hands are going to hurt.
5. Going anywhere with A is a non-stop game of 20 Questions. He is also the ultimate backseat driver. Combine this with #3, and excursions are killing me.
6. A has been tentatively diagnosed with Sensory Integration Disorder (also known as Sensory Perception Disorder). You can find out more about it here and here and here. He has been “more” since the day he was born; there’s really no other way to describe it. He’s sensory seeking (meaning he’s always in motion) and also has a thing with sounds/noise. He’s been going to occupational therapy and a chiropractor for the last few weeks and we’re seeing a noticeable difference. SPD is wearing…he reacts in different ways to different stimuli, and often doesn’t react in the same way as before. If you’re ever spent any time around him, you know what I’m talking about. So he’s on edge ’cause he doesn’t know how he’s going to react and we’re on edge for the same reason. But it’s getting better. Oh, and the potty training thing (I HOPE) has turned a corner.
7. A is also gifted (yes, he was evaluated in December; recently evaluated to be reading at about the 1st grade level). This makes the SPD even more challenging. He’s obviously very intelligent, and then there’s the “why won’t you sit down/follow instructions/listen/etc.??? Add that to the 20 Questions lifestyle…I love preschool days.
8. J is showing signs of giftedness also. God help us. Two kids, smarter than me? Yikes.
9. I think J hit the “terrible twos” sometime around 9:30 this morning. He’s been a crabby patty all day.
10. My to-do list starts at 20 items almost every day. I’m happy if I get half of it done. Most of it is crap anyway.
11. We got the first bid on our basement yesterday. About what we expected, whew! I find it ironic that we’re going to do a major home improvement right as we hit 10 years of marriage. If we can survive this, it’s meant to be. LOL
12. My husband has had a cold for 2 weeks now. And he’s in the busy season at work. And he’s under continual stress. And he has to go on a business trip soon to a place he’d really rather not go. At least my folks are coming out to see the boys.
13. I have to plan a 5 year old’s birthday party. I hate planning kids’ parties. I hate having kids’ parties. I drew the line at Chuck E. Cheese’s though; that’s just hell on a bad pizza.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!