Thirteen Things that make me say WTF???
1. Ooh, let’s start with what I saw out my window this morning, pre-coffee:
It even caught the meteorologists off-guard. I knew we’d get another dose of winter before spring officially hit, but a little bit of warning would have been nice. Last night the news was saying light rain and maybe some flurries, but four inches and still coming down? It was warm and sunny yesterday. But this is nothing compared to Holly, Colorado. Tornadoes are bad.
2. These two.
3. My stress levels. They have been a problem for as long as I can remember and getting worse every year. You’d think by now I’d have a handle on them, but no. I actually had a flute teacher say to me, in a masterclass no less, that I desperately needed to get drunk and go practice. Never did. Never really drank until I had kids. Go figure. But given that I truly believe that stress inhibits creativity and I want and need to be more creative to feed my own soul, I have to get my stress under control. I’m open to any and all suggestions. Please help me, dear internets.
4. I’m thinking of riding the MS 150 bike ride this summer. I’m bordering on the insane with this one. It’s 150 miles. On a bike. In July. In Colorado, where hills are noted by elevation. But I have a sister-in-law with MS, a family friend with MS, and the friend I’d do this with has a family member with MS. But it’s 150 miles on a bike in July in Colorado. And stairs sometimes kick my butt. At least I’d have a goal to aim for, a reason to get in shape.
5. Why oh why did I offer to go up today and take pictures for the yearbook all afternoon? What was I thinking? And then burn them to a disk ASAP to get them to the photo woman in charge so that she can clean them up and get them to the layout woman in charge before spring break starts tomorrow afternoon? My brain and mouth weren’t communicating again. I think I need to take them out for a “Come to Jesus” talk.
6. The rhubarb in our backyard is starting to plan how to take over the yard again this year. Nevermind that we have 2 years worth of frozen rhubarb in the freezer, the plant has an attitude and is hellbound to take over the world. Maybe this snow will thwart its plans. I really need to come up with a name for said rhubarb plant.
7. DID I MENTION THE FREAKIN’ SNOW?
7a. Stupid Blogger just ate half of my stupid post and now I have to actually think and try to recreate the clever 8-13 I had.
8. The snow is a wet, heavy, springtime-in-the-Rockies kind of snow. It has now collected on our satellite dish and we no longer have tv, XM, anything. It would make for a very long afternoon if I wasn’t going to be up taking freaking pictures for the freaking yearbook.
9. Every night as I get ready for bed I wonder where the hell the day went. Please don’t point out the obvious connection between this blog and time management. I fully realize the connection, but this was an issue pre-blog. I blame the hour round trip carpool run.
10. I have no idea what was #10 before Blogger ate it. Rest assured, it was clever and fun and thought-provoking.
11. WTF was the woman thinking who “borrowed” my credit card to the tune of $1500? I know this woman, I know where she lives. But I get the last laugh. In Colorado, credit card theft is identity theft, which is a Class 4 Felony. And she has three counts of a Class 4 Felony for me alone, and I’m not the only one she did this to. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
12. WFT is NAET? I am desperate for allergy relief, but this really looks like a crock o’shit. I have a friend who is a PhD in biostatistics and is now studying acupuncture, so I’ll be able to get the real deal from him. I’m not up for paying a fortune for something that won’t work and isn’t even remotely covered by my health insurance.
13. There are no fewer than four homes for sale on my block. One of them has been on the market for nearly two years and is only three years old. Hey, people, dump your realtor. Sell the damn house. Your place looks like hell ’cause no one lives there and frankly, I’m sick of the “for lease or sale” sign on the front yard.
And there is today’s TT. I apologize for the huge gap at the very top, I put in photos and blogger freaked out (and ate my post) and can’t get the gap to go away. I will try to remember to add links below, but chances are I’ll forget, so just check out the comments for more TT. Have a good, snow-free day!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!