I could write something profound, but why?
- I have 23 items on today’s to-do list. Two have carried over from yesterday, and all will take actual brain power. I have little brain power to spare.
- A has picture retakes tomorrow. The severely chapped chin from the last picture has thankfully healed, he has had a recent haircut, the goose egg/bruise from the fall off the playground equipment is essentially gone…we may actually get a good picture! Fingers crossed…
- I hatehatehate to vacuum. Partly because it means I have to shovel the boys’ crap up off the floor, partly because the vacuum sucks (or not), and partly because I have the world’s crappiest carpet. (No joke, the first year of this carpet I vacuumed up enough stray fibers to weave a new rug). And then we got a dog. After a month of teasing us, shed-wise, Rosie has decided to drop pounds by shedding instead of losing actual fat. Can’t say I blame her; wish I could do that. And now we’re finding Rosie hair everywhere. And this means I have to vacuum. Did I mention I hate vacuuming? Tom actually commented that now might be a good time to get bids for solid flooring. It’s easier to keep clean, that’s for sure. I love that dog to the ends of the earth, but the shedding stinks. And so does she, come to think of it. Peee-yuuuuu!
- I was going to try to leave politics behind after voting, but I just can’t. McCain keeps mentioning that “Joe the Plumber” didn’t ask to be pulled into the spotlight, didn’t ask to be part of the campaign…um, old dude? You’re the one who pulled him in by bringing him up at the debate and continually mentioning him at rallies. Is your memory that bad? ‘Cause, dude, you’re the one behind it all. Shut up already.
- Crap, more politics. I’m finally writing on Sarah Palin. I have been trying something fierce to avoid her, but I give up. I have to get this off my (tiny) chest and get on with my life. I do not like her. I do not trust her. Have you read “Queen Bees and Wannabees” by Rosalind Wiseman? (Which, if you have daughters, you must read). Or seen the movie “Mean Girls?” (Written, ironically, by Tina Fey, based on the book above). Sarah Palin is a Queen Bee (The Queen Bee is in charge. Most of the other girls vie for her approval – to be close to the Queen is to have security). She is a Mean Girl. Men don’t see it because they weren’t in the thick of it in middle school and high school. Men don’t see it because they weren’t the victims of Mean Girls in school. And…by men I also mean mainstream media. But I think it’s starting to come to light. In recent days she has been called a “rogue,” a “diva,” and a “whackjob.” Yeah guys, she’s looking out for herself, that’s the personality of a Queen Bee! McCain had better watch out; Queen Bees are notorious for backstabbing. That smile hides the venom of a woman who will do anything to be in charge. Don’t cross her.
- I can tell how out of balance my life is by how much coffee I’m drinking. In the last week I went from one cup to three. And realized this morning that the grinder was set to “fine,” which means we’ve essentially been drinking espresso every morning. Three large mugs of espresso. Time to wind it down.
- We are having the most delicious autumn I’ve ever experienced. The last several years here summer has gotten hotter and hotter in August, until the weather finally breaks and it cools down. Then we get a couple paltry weeks of fall, then snow and winter. But this year we’ve had a delightful diminuendo from summer into winter. Warm, sunny days meld into cool, refreshing nights. The fall colors have been unbelievable this year. The trees seem to glow from the inside, a bright contrast to the cobalt blue skies. Halloween will be in the 70s during the day, and will be pleasant and dry (!!!!) for trick or treating that night. Hallefreakinglujah!
- I’ve finally broken down and searched out someone to watch J one day a week. I need that extra day to be a good wife/mom/me. Yes, he goes to preschool 2 days a week, but I’ve starting volunteering at their schools one of those days, and with everything I’m doing, I need that extra day. Working from home with him home is tough. So I’m hoping that those extra few hours will help out…those 23 items on the to-do list aren’t getting done for a reason.
- Is the election OVER YET????? Sigh….
- And now, my day beckons. And I just remembered 2 more things for the to-do list. Twenty-five. Bleh.
My husband and I were talking about McCain this morning. Seriously, I think the poor guy has lost it.
McCain has lost it. And I totally agree with your Sarah Palin analogy! You nailed that one! 🙂
Good luck on that list!
I need to get back to blogging…….it’s been awhile.
totally agree that she is a mean girl. how other women don’t see this is totally beyond me. maybe you have to be one of those that got totally terrorized for it to be so obvious.
Joe the Plumber has got himself an agent…yeah, he hates being in the public eye.
So true about Palin–I heard she’s actually planning for 2012 election!! What the hell??? I really want hardwood floors too!