My dear friend Denise, who lives mere minutes from me and is actually friends of friends related but I met her bloggy-wise…deep breath…passed along this lil piece of bling:
The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardees must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.
- Although I shouldn’t, I feel kinda guilty about accompanying Tom on this business trip to Hawaii. It’s really and truly a business trip, and it’s not costing us a cent to go. Well, except for paying for legroom. I’m damned tall, and a 7 hour flight in the sardines section made me lightheaded. LOL! So that extra four inches in economy plus is well worth every cent.
- I should be packing for my trip right now.
- I’m considering taking some auditions this fall. I just heard of an open 2nd flute position in a local orchestra. That’s the good news. The bad news is that the maestro is the dude who dumped me from the orchestra I was to play in this spring.
- If I don’t get a chair somewhere I’m going to find some other musicians and start some chamber groups. I miss playing.
- School starts one.month.from.today. Totally excited and not ashamed of it.
- I’m doing a neighbor/stranger a favor and saving boxes for her (she’s moving). They’ve been sitting in my living room all weekend, and I’ve been waiting for her to show up. I don’t have a phone number, just an email for her. She has until tomorrow night, then my folks can break them down and drag them to the curb for Tuesday’s recycling pickup. If I had a stranger saving me boxes I’d haul ass to get them. Grrr…
- I’m actively working on balance and productivity in my spare time. I think that’s the secret for me to not losing my mind.
- I think I broke my scale. At least, it whimpered when I got on it the other day.
- I’m taking something like 8 books on this trip. It’s likely I’ll only read one, if any. Optimism reigns supreme!
- I’ve always wanted to learn to surf. This trip may be my best and only hope before I get too old, too rickety, or too freaked out to try. I really hope I get a chance. If I had to choose between surfing and snorkeling, it’s surfing all the way. So I can say I did it.
And now I shall pass this along to some friendly bloggers who I feel deserve it.
Tiffani is another blogger I discovered lives locally and I’ve actually met. She has true Out Of The Box thinkers as children and is a delight to read. I truly feel less alone after reading her posts.
Dawn is about the most honest blogger I’ve ever met. ‘Nuff said.
Theresa is back, and I couldn’t be more happy. She’s the first blog I ever commented on, and she replied to me, which just sent me over the moon and is why I reply to 99% of my comments.
Christina is another “lay it out there” blogger. I’ve met her, too, and can’t wait to go for wine next time I’m in Chicago. I adore her and her strength.
And now I’m off to pack and bed. Play nice!