It is Thanksgiving Day here in the States. I am deeply thankful for all I have in my life, such as my family/roof over my head/freedom/etc. But I’m going to give public thanks for some of the more unusual blessings in my life these days.
- I am thankful for coffee and tasty yet inexpensive Shiraz.
- I am thankful for my comfy bed and electric blanket.
- I am thankful that the leading experts in twice-exceptionalities are down the road in Denver.
- I am thankful for all the friends I’ve met online. Can’t link them all here or that’s all that the post would be! Let’s leave it at: if you’ve read here more than a week and have left a comment, you’re included. 😉
- I am thankful for the incredible life coach I happened to find and began working with last spring. Lisa has patiently worked with me, and I can see improvements in my life. She is a gifted coach (as in, gifted in what she does AND works with gifted adults) and a true blessing in my life. Not to mention one heck of a friend. I’m lucky to have found her (true kismet) and that she lives less than an hour away.
- I am thankful for the POS laptop that keeps me connected to the outside world, even though her days are numbered. She is thankful that I’m only replacing the hard drive right now, so that Santa can bring the boys gifts. I think she’ll be going on a loooong vacation in February…I’d rather be taking a long vacation in February, but she.really.has.it.coming.
- I am thankful that I have the means, however challenging, to provide A with the services and support he needs.
- I am thankful that A had a losehisshitapalooza in front of my in-laws last night, for now they have first hand knowledge of what we cope with every day.
- Did I mention I’m seriously thankful for wine? And that I’m thankful that my mother-in-law’s overstuffed fridge led me to discover that my favorite Shiraz kicks ass at room temperature?
- I am thankful for Facebook, for connecting me with friends far and near, old and new.
- I am thankful that gluten-free foods are easier to find, and very thankful to Amazon for carrying them inexpensively. Also thankful that Costco is carrying more and more gluten-free foods in their warehouses, which just makes me weep with joy…or is that despair, once I get the total?
- I am thankful for my iPhone, which has transformed my life in the last three months. No idea how I lived without it.
- I am thankful for Pandora, for bringing me a world of new music with just a click.
- I am thankful for Jamie Bamber (droooooool…). Hey, I said these were unusual!
- I am thankful for all the blessings I have in my life. The ones I recognize, the ones I don’t, and the ones I refuse to admit.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone. May your turkey be moist, your gravy smooth, and your pecan pie perfectly gooey.
Thank you, what a nice list…different from many others, but still sincere. Happy Thanksgiving to you.
I love me a Shiraz. So happy that you have so many blessings in your life.
“I am thankful that A had a losehisshitapalooza in front of my in-laws last night, for now they have first hand knowledge of what we cope with every day.”
Oh do I get this. Oh boy do I get this…
Hey, it’s already afternoon here – pass that Shiraz over this way.
Love the list and who the hell is Jamie Bamber? BTW, I’ve been rocking out on Spanish wines these days. Yuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm. Something to consider.