In an attempt to regain some perspective this week I am totally ripping this off from Carmen at Mom to the Screaming Masses. Ten things that make me happy. I’m up to the challenge…
- Taking my boys to the movies, just the three of us. We went to Diary of a Wimpy Kid today, ate popcorn, drank sodas, and had a magnificent time. We go so infrequently that it’s a treat to go.
- Hearing either A or J sing on pitch, or match a pitch they hear. Those years of Music Together have paid off! I now have completely musically competent sons…who have little to no interest in music. Hmm…I’ll aim for more positivity for the next one.
- Hearing Tom laugh, really laugh. Cheers me up.
- Making Tom laugh. I know when I truly make him laugh that I’ve said something outrageously funny and that pleases me to no end.
- A completely clean house. Organized, dusted, vacuumed, laundry put away. I think I can maybe count on one hand how many times that has happened in the last nine years, but still I hope.
- Really good chai. Not too sweet, a little spicy, and hot. None of that iced stuff.
- Everything put away and organized. Stuff in the house, stuff on the computer…again, canNOT remember the last time this happened, but I get a little tingle when I think about the possibility. Add a paperless office/house in this. Ahhhhh…..
- Dreaming with Tom. Planning out the future like we did when we were first married and childless. When change was scary but cool. And doing it with a smile and a hope.
- Playing in a quality wind ensemble. I so miss playing in a wind ensemble, but I truly don’t see it in my future any time soon. I’m not good enough these days for the great groups, and my bullshit tolerance can’t handle playing in a lower quality one. Egotistical? Yup. Also true.
- My new computer. I’m still learning how to use it, and a few things try to freak me out (like burning CDs into iTunes and suddenly the CD isn’t recognized by the computer), but I know I can quickly get help with it. Have I named it? Yes, MacDreamy. I can’t remember who suggested that to me here, but it cracked me up and has stayed with me long enough that it’s obviously the right name.
Ok, feeling a bit more under control. Play along. What makes you happy?