It has been years, years, since I wrote a Friday Fragments post. Just seemed appropriate today, given my current state of mind (holey) and body (exhausted).
- This weather, this January in November shit weather, is not doing much for my mind, body, and soul. Thank god I don’t live in Buffalo, NY, or I probably would have already gone batshit crazy. And this is just the beginning of the season.
- I know Thanksgiving is next week, I know this because I’ve been talking about it and kinda planning it and actually remembered to find someone to watch the dog. But dang, um, Christmas? Despite just writing out my laws for holiday music, this is quickly sneaking up on me and I am not ready. I don’t want to decorate, I don’t want to bake, I don’t want to send cards, I barely want to shop for gifts.
- Today was the last day of our gifted homeschool co-op. Now we have some six-odd weeks of open Fridays. They’re supposed to be Fun Fridays; I hope they live up to expectations.
- I am very much looking forward to sleeping in Wednesday through Sunday of next week. I hate that the first thing I do every morning is get a kid up and out of bed and out the door. A peaceful morning that does not make.
- I love our CSA, but the sheer amount of carrots this year has been stunning. I have blanched and frozen carrots in the freezer, shredded carrots for carrot cake also in the freezer, and probably ten freaking pounds of carrots in the fridge waiting patiently for me to process them. We’re gonna be able to see in the dark, I swear.
- Tonight’s Family Movie Night is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Because that’s how we roll.
- I’ve made it three weeks into NaBloPoMo, have only missed two days, feel no guilt, and have yet to bang my head against the writer’s block wall. If nothing else, I call that a win.
- Make that Family Movie Night for Tom and Andy, because I’m up here writing and the other kid is watching Johnny Test (gag) with headphones on.
- I’m taking a knitting/crocheting class with our co-op next term. The hobby I swore I’d never take up, I am now taking up. Hopefully this will give me something better to do with my hands than play Words With Friends when I watch the rare TV show.
- Why do I suspect Holy Grail is going to become THE quoted movie in this house now? Because that is totally Andy’s sense of humor right there. God help me…
- Tomorrow! A real, thought-out, considered, spell-checked post!
We just watched Holy Grail a couple of weeks ago – other than the Castle scene (which I had forgotten about until it was too late), it was a great bonding movie. I love that DS10 gets British humor.