Remember the beautiful, wonderful, shiny-white doors we got ourselves for Christmas? Right now, burning them to heat the house and therefore lowering our gas bill is looking mighty good.
Things to note:
- they will be too wide.
- they will require at least three separate trips to Home Depot
- you will strip out the screw holes on at least one door, likely two doors, causing the wood to split in many directions
- this will require many profane words in front of the younguns and the use of Gorilla Glue to attach the hinges
- (my money is on the glue not working and another trip to Home Depot before Wednesday)
- you will get one installed and discover that, no matter how accurately you measured, that the door is 1/4 inch too high for the doorknob latch
- you will reinstall the door, find the latch now clicks, and then notice the large gaps between the door and door jamb above and below the door. you call it “character” and leave.
This little escapade has convinced me that if we ever remodel the kitchen I am moving out for the entire project. It has also convinced me that I may strangle my husband if we do a large home-improvement project.
So much for a relaxing Sunday…