Yeah, bad title. Sorry. I’ve been tagged for two fun memes in the last few days, and what better time to do them than Sunday evening when your in-laws are in your house for a last-minute visit and they don’t know about your blog and really hope to hell they never find it even though your own parents and brother and friends from high school and college read it but you’d die a thousand deaths and then again one more time for shits and giggles if they found it and read it amen.
(and now it is Monday morning, because my computer insisted on having a massive coronary last night and I finally perfected my computer CPR this morning and it’s working again. Stupid piece o’ crappola)
Kit and Michelle both tagged me for 10 things you’ll never hear me say. Let’s see what my caffeine-deprived brain (have had to give up coffee recently…I’m a lot of fun these days) can come up with.
- Damn straight, we’re trying for a girl!
- To heck with breathing, of course you can have a kitty cat!
- Honey, let’s move back to Iowa.
- I don’t need a vacation.
- I loooooove February.
- No wine for me, thanks.
- Sweetheart, your next car really should be a Hummer.
- SPD is an imaginary condition.
- I’m boooooored…I have nooooothing to dooooooo…..
- I think I’ll vote Republican next election, just for giggles.
Well, that was easier than I thought it would be. Tagging: Karin and Denise.
My other tag was from Tootsie Farklepants, which is my new favorite handle. LOVE.IT.
(And I totally stole this graphic from her, but it made me laugh and it’s Monday and we all need a giggle on Monday)
First the rules and then the random weirdness:
The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.
- I hate hate hate bananas. I was on a long-term antibiotic as a kid (which ended up causing more harm than good) and it tasted like bananas. Banana bread with chocolate chips and I’m so there, but fresh bananas? I can barely stand to peel them for the boys.
- As much traveling as I have done, I’ve never been to New York City. This drives Tom nuts, he’s dying to get me there so we can hit Broadway show after Broadway show.
- I don’t know how to drive a manual transmission. My mom tried to teach me once, but since she was teaching me on her beloved car, she didn’t try very hard (sorry mom, you know it’s true.LOL)
- I used to be completely fluent in Spanish. I had an exchange student from Costa Rica when I was in high school and she couldn’t speak English. I got very fluent very quickly. I’ve pretty much lost it.
- I’ve been “online” since the late 80s/early 90s. My dad had CompuServe (or was it Prodigy, I can’t remember) and we jimmy-rigged it so I could IM a friend across town. My friend and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now he and I email regularly.
- I love to organize things. My scrapbook room (right now, at least) is clean as a whistle (helps that I haven’t done a damned crafty thing in months). I can’t wait for spring so I can
clean outforce Tom to clean out the garage (he won’t let me do it; he dons protective gear and sanitizes it every spring because of the mice). I’ve done friends’ scrapbook rooms and it feels sooooo good. I think I have an addiction. No, I won’t come to your house, sorry.
- I don’t watch reality tv. Some would say “good for you!,” others have mild strokes. I have enough reality here in my own house. The only exception is Extreme Makeover Home Edition, which I watch so I can have a good cry and feel better.
Lawsy, now to tag. Hmmm…Let’s go with:
Happy Day to you all! It’s gorgeous here, a day off, grandparents to entertain kiddos…and A is sick-ish. Oh well, 3 outta four ain’t bad!
Kit, er Kat here. Isn’t that hilarious that Mich, would tag you with my meme too! Guess she didn’t see your name on my post, or maybe she just wanted make sure you got to it.
Very good. Good girl.
I like bananas, but I can understand your aversion after having the antibiotic exposure. I feel the same way about strawberry quik – thought of it makes me gag. I used it to get some penicillin down for a spell of strep and scarlet fever (yes, I’m that old! – don’t think it’s even in existence anymore AND my doctor even made a *gasp* house call) way back in Grade 9.
You and I have a lot of similar traits. Except I love bananas, it is my little sister who is fluent in Spanish (and some Japanese, due to a exchange teacher), and I’m more of the “organized mess” type person.
My father did CompuServe and AOL before they were “popular,” and I was several BBS sites in high school and college. Ask Tendrils about “Sir Galahad” on the one site.
(Wasn’t Extreme Makeover Home Edition wonderful last night?)
I wish I had the same in-law luxury of not reading my blog. Not sure how I was found out, but all negative remarks and truly free speech are out the window.
And..my goodness, how did you know I couldn’t muster up a post today to save my life?
I don’t think my MIL reads my blog, but I know as soon as I post something mean about her, she’ll find it. :/
I know we had some sort of internet in the early 90’s. CompuServe, I believe. I remember chatrooms….IRC, maybe?
Anyway….I’m not doing the meme you tagged me for. I’m so ornery like that! 😉 I’m going to do the other one!
It’ll go up on Meme Sunday. 🙂
I’m on it!
I totally stole that graphic from Photobucket, so, ya know it’s all yours! I am also not a fan of the reality tv and really wish it would just stop. I’m tired of people asking me if I watched “The Bachelor” or “American Idol” and then going on and on about WHY I SHOULD when I tell them I’m not interested.