It is Friday and while I could write all sorts of pithy and informative and touching things, I just ain’t gonna. It’s Week in Review! Because I want to. And because I found the World’s Greatest Margarita Mix and frankly, I don’t give two Rosie Bombs about much right now.
- I found the World’s Greatest Margarita Mix. If you’ve ever spent any time in Denver/Boulder, you’ve likely heard of the Rio and their killer margaritas. How good are they, you ask naively? They cut you off at three. After one you feel no pain. After two you’d damned well better have a DD. After three your liver says “Oh hell, I’m outta here.” I’ve never gone past one, and usually get their mini size. But. Apparently their mix (or a reasonable facsimile) is sold down the road. And, yeah. It’s all kinds of Friday here today. Ahhhh….
- Sometimes you just need a Gaelic Storm. Or some Dropkick Murphys. Or a little bit of Flogging Molly. And if you don’t know these groups, I’m sorry. I was having a meh day until I called up my Irish Pub Songs Pandora channel. Now I’m happy. And that’s not the margarita talking.
- Next week my parents and the boys and I are hitting the road. The Great American Road Trip. God help us, we’re heading west to Utah and Southern Colorado for a taste of The Great West. Sadly, Tom can’t join us, but he has a business trip to Disney World and Universal Studios (seriously, a business trip!) during Star Wars weekend, so I’m sure he’ll be fine. Us? Well, we’ll see. We may be taking the boys on a tour of Mesa Verde that involves a 2 story climb up a ladder that leans against the side of a cliff. I may need to take margaritas.
- Because I’m going to be essentially MIA next week, I’m putting the call out for guest posters. For reals this time. I know, I know, the last few times I asked for guest bloggers I janked it all up and didn’t get it set up. Not this time! If you’re interested, drop me a note.
- Strangely enough, garlic hummus is the perfect complement to deliciously strong margaritas.
- The boys are on Day Two of summer break. That usually sends me into paroxysms of OH HOLY HELL I HAVEN’T SCHEDULED ENOUGH! Heh. This year I don’t have a single thing scheduled. No summer camps. No programs. No nuttin’. Pray for me.
- Still haven’t sold the house. But I have margaritas.
- Thinking long and hard about what I want to do with Ye Olde Blog here. I feel like I’m at a crossroads and am not sure what direction to take. Any suggestions?
- I’m at my three-times-a-year life reflection. New Years, end of school, start of school. Roughly four months apart. Those three times a year I review and reevaluate the direction my life is taking and see where I’d like to refine. Right now? Up in the air. Everything is up in the air until I pack up and haul ass east.
- I’m thinking of doing the NaNoWriMo summer camp. Because I have nothing else going on right now.
- If my iPhone gets any slower my brain will melt. It’s two years old and struggling. Screw the iPad, it’ll have to be a new iPhone just so my head doesn’t explode.
- We’ve had pizza on Friday night for almost 18 months straight. And pancakes on Saturday morning. I’m over it.
- The boys are upstairs. It is quiet. Dangerously so. I overslept this morning and so A didn’t get his ADHD meds. Debating the wisdom of seeing what’s up.
Ok, the pizza is likely ready now. Perhaps I shall have more tomorrow. Or not. And I’m good with that.
I’d offer to guest blog, but I don’t know that could live up to Mrs Chaos.
I have been to the Rio and hit the 3 limit. I don’t remember that night.
You’re in Denver? I love the Rio. I actually made it to 2 margs one time, but that was in my younger days. You are a brave woman doing a road trip alone with the kids. We did the Utah/Grand Canyon/Mesa Verde trip last summer and it was great.
Have fun and if you dare, I’d love to do a guest post for you while you’re away.
We did the Great Road Trip out that way a couple years ago, only our destination was California. We were gone for 10 days. It was awesome. Have you done the dunes with the boys? (The ones in Colorado?) They are awesome, and kind of on the way to Mesa Verde.
I’ll do a guest post! Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! (Picture me jumping up and down like my kids when I ask them who wants ice cream).
Give me a date, just don’t make it Monday! 🙂
Have a nice trip ! I hope you’ll enjoy it !
Love the week in review. Wishing I had a margarita right now. And it’s 6:30 A.M. geesh!
I upgraded to the 4g iPhone and gave the 3g to DH – really didn’t have any complaints about the speed of my old 3g but now when I use it I can’t believe how slow it is! I don’t know if it’s the age of the phone, or that it’s not keeping up with the latest operating system updates.
Can’t wait to hear about the trip. Our trip is still half planned. I wouldn’t make changes in the blog- it works. The house will sell. The move will happen. The transition will occur. We’ll happily read about it all.
Seriously — you can get the Rio mix?!! Do they ship?!?! Hope you have a fabulous trip, and everyone comes back more or less in one piece!
Margaritas and garlic hummus sounds amaaaaaazing. Sign me up!! Also good? Martinis with mango sorbet. Strange, but true. Something about the salty sweet perhaps?